Home sharer points to ponder
- What is important to you in a home sharing arrangement?
- How important to you are neighbourhood facilities, such as public transport and local shops?
- How do you feel about sharing someone’s home?
- How will you deal with individual differences?
- Are you able to clearly express your needs, or do you sometimes have difficulty speaking up when something is bothering you?
- What activities are important to you?
- Do you have interests or activities you would like to share with your householder?
- What are your TV viewing habits?
- What are your music preferences? Do you listen to music often? At what volume?
- What are your telephone habits? What use of a landline are you likely to want?
- Would you want to entertain or have guests in the home? How frequently? What kind of entertainment?
- Would you want to have overnight guests? How frequently?
- Do you have a daily routine/schedule/work pattern?
- Do you like time on your own? How much?
- Do you feel comfortable sharing common areas, such as the kitchen, living room and outdoor space?
- What about meal preparation – schedules and preparation? Would you want to share meals?
- How will you share general household chores (i.e. not those tasks which you would carry out in exchange for your affordable accommodation)?
- What services would you be willing to provide for your householder (not personal care)? See list below for some ideas
Here are some examples of tasks which may be requested of you by the householder in exchange for your affordable accommodation.